Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Newest Mosaic



I have been working on a new mosaic for some time now as I couldn't quite figure out what I wanted to do with the background. 

The mosaic is made of different patterned dishes that I cut to make the pinwheels and then added various accents such as half marbles, glass tiles and ceramics.

I knew the theme would be blue because I had so many pretty dishes with blue in them, but trying to decide whether to continue the blue theme or just use white took a while to decide.
As you can see, I chose the baby blue glass tiles and a soft custom made lavender grout for the backgound. I am happy with the affect.  Now if I could just get a good photo.

5 comments:

Gari Anne said...

Just grogeous!!

Christine Burgess said...

Thank you so much!

julie cavender said...

Beautiful as always. I love the blue!

Felicia Kramer said...

Wow- this one's beautiful, Chris. I'm partial to blue.

Melissa said...

I love your mosaics. You do a lovely job.