Saturday, April 30, 2011

Our Trip to Atlanta, Part 1

My husband and I just came back from a trip to Atlanta.  We spent a week going from city to city to see the sights and I have some photos I wanted to share with you.

Most of our friends can't understand why we didn't do the normal tours such as CNN and Coca Cola, but truthfully, we just love the museums and old plantations and decided to see as many as we would in the week we had.




 

The gardens were stunning and I took a picture of this old statue.

This is the back steps to the Swan House. That's a waterfall in the middle.

This home is in Jonesboro, Georgia called "Stately Oaks". It had it's own small village in the back with a blacksmith shop, an Indian Village, a smoke house, and a tenant farmers home.


This is the home.  You can see Ralph up on the porch with arms folded.





Entrance to GWTW Museum.


Under drawers worn by Vivien Leigh



Worn by Olivia De Havilland


Miniature of Tara. Said to be worth $70,000

Part Two will be our trip to Marietta and Athens. I hope you will come back.

Until Next Time :)

2 comments:

julie cavender said...

Another 90 miles north and you could have come to my house!! Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Pam Geisel - For Quilts Sake said...

Hello fellow Estian! I recently visited Atlanta so I recognized your photos from the Atlanta History Center.

Didn't make it to the "Gone with the Wind" museum but it looks cool. I visited the Atlanta Botanical Garderns which were wonderful.

We also stopped in Marietta, but only for a few hours, so I look forward to reading you blog post on there.

If you have any interest in looking at some photos I took, here's a link to my travel blog.

http://packupthecar.blogspot.com/2011/04/atlanta-georgia-april-2011-attractions.html