Saturday, June 26, 2010

My Newest Mosaics

I have been working on some new mosaics and wanted to share them with you. 
This first one is similar to one I did several months ago and I was fortunate enough to find the same patterned dishes.  This one was created using several plates of a lovely lavender floral on one side and black with gray swirls on the other.  I decided to keep the strongest floral part at two corners and graduate to black at the other two giving this an abstract feel.
I don't have a fancy name for this one so I just call it the Abstract Lavender and Black Mirror.



I have made several rustic trays in the past and they seem to be a good seller so I guess I won't mess with what works.
I just love the pattern of dish tiles used in this one because it goes well with the espresso brown distressed finish giving it a rustic southwestern appearance.


I am currently working on a mirror with tiles from plates with lavender, salmon and yellow herbs on a gorgeous silvery sage background.  I happened to find the focal piece a few months ago and just painted the flowers to match the tiles I used.  It is a top to a trinket box.

  Piecing this one is very tedious, but I like the finished look as it will have very little grout showing and all the tiles are the same height.  I hope to get it finished up by tomorrow.

Here's a sneak peek at the WIP.

4 comments:

Supply Your Soul said...

I really love your lavender/gray/black mirror. It's a unique piece
- the light to dark effect if very interesting. You do beautiful work!

Honey Nest said...

Beautiful work! I love all of your stuff :)

Janet at New Moon Glass said...

I like the flowers and pearls added to traditional mosaic...cool!

Linda Pieroth Smith said...

They are all so different and they are all so pretty.