Sunday, February 21, 2010

Thank You to My Followers

It's been a while since I last thanked all the wonderful people who have chosen to follow my blog. I do so appreciate your following along and commenting and I would like to give a little something back so I am showcasing 5 more shops of my talented followers.

The first one is no stranger to many of you. She is a wonderfully talented woman and I love to see what she's up to on her blog as she always has such great posts. Her name is Audrey and her shop is called Audrey's Country Crafts.


This adorable table is one of the many kinds of specialty items you will find in her store and it is entirely handmade. The black metal stand was designed by Audrey's husband and the cute heart-shaped top and sweet roses toll painting is all Audrey's talent.

I always wanted to be a painter like this and so admire those that can do this lovely work.

There are such cute bags in her shop that I had a hard time choosing one to show, but this one is done in one of my favorite shades of blue. Wouldn't this be great with your jeans? There are little pockets inside to hold everything too.

Monique is the owner of Tora Jewelry. This chainmaille work always amazes me because it looks so intricate. This pendant was designed by opening each ring, attaching it, then closing it again. Lots of detail work in this little gem. I just love the look of this piece as it is very unique.


These earrings would be a great pair up to the pendant. They were designed with aluminum jump rings and gorgeous red acrylic beads. Just stunning.
Be sure to stop by her blog.



The Blue Eyed Dragonfly is truly a find for me. I am so impressed by the talent of Heather, who is the creator of all the fabulous paintings you will find there. This one is just too adorable with the daffodils growing out of the top of the cracked egg. This is one in a series of three.
I have to say the butterflies are my all time favorite. They are so light and airy and show every detail right down to the swirly antennae.
This one is featured on her blog and you can get a little background on how she creates these wonderful pieces.


Is this the cutest thing ever? The imagination alone is phenomenal. Look at all the treasures this little colander pot holds from the tiny house with it's tiny door and windows to the pink Christmas tree with it's tilted star topper. Each of these outstanding acrylic paintings are on Masonite slabs.

Peculiar Forest is a lovely jewelry shop owned by Lou, but she also makes some of the cutest cake toppers you have ever seen. Take a visit to her blog and you'll know what I mean, you won't be disappointed.
These sweet little summer earrings are made from precious metal clay (fine silver) with cute little yellow polymer clay centers. Just darling.


The "Moon and the Stars" necklace is made of a fine silver that has been oxidized to give it that earthy patina. I love the little star attached to the end of the moon.

When you visit Lafe's Hidden Treasures you will find a variety of of delightful things from vintage to re- purposed to new. Nancy is one of the owners of this shop but the name and inspiration came from her precious son who was killed in a car accident in 2005.

I just want her to know how much I admire her for continuing with a family legacy and keeping a positive outlook on life.

This first piece is new. It is a clear glass square pendant that has a Japanese paper glazed to the back to give it this stunning aqua color and fun design. The glazes are non-toxic so there is no worries about that.
I just love history and nostalgia and am always drawn to anything vintage so, of course, I wanted to showcase this authentic 1920's Vintage Flapper Dress.
Whenever I see something like this it makes me wonder who wore it; what was their life like; was this purchased for a special occasion?
You will also find a very honest seller in this store as she makes sure you are aware of any tears, stains, or other characteristics of her pieces. In my opinion, these "flaws" are what tells a part of the history and is as important as the garment itself.
You can also follow along on their blog.

I hope you have enjoyed my tour of some of the wonderful shops owned by followers of my blog.
I also encourage you to take a further look to see for yourself the amazing talents of these very special people.
Again, I want to express my many thanks for following!

3 comments:

Sewinggranny - Mona said...

Beautiful selections....I love the amazing work in the table is gorgeous!

Lafe's Hidden Treasures said...

Thank you so much for featuring some of my shop's items! It was such a nice surprise that brought a smile to my heart. My inspiration for the day.

Heather said...

You are so sweet, thank you for the wonderful compliments and for the feature, it was my first ever! I think your mosaics are beautiful and I was very envious of you Caribbean cruise, the pictures you took were beautiful. Thank you again it was a fun surprise, Heather