Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Ideas for the New Year

Now that we have entered the New Year I am thinking of making some changes. Not in the "New Year's" resolution kind of way, but with what direction I want to go in regards to my mosaics as well as other interests I have boiling on the back burner.

One change I have made recently is I have opened 2 more shops on Etsy; Memories Mosaic Supply, which carries a variety of personally selected hand cut dish tiles, focal pieces, half cups and vases and Memories of Yesterday, a vintage shop that will have a variety of memorabilia, keepsakes and collectibles that Ralph and I have accumulated over the years.

When my mother-in-law passed away several years ago we brought home approximately 30 boxes of memorabilia from her life as well as her boys. There was nearly every toy my husband and his brother ever owned up in her attic along with costume jewelry from the 40's, 50's, and 60's. She also stored everything that was left to her by her sisters so you can just imagine what all we found.

Of course we use many of the gorgeous serving dishes she accumulated and we certainly are keeping anything that is of sentimental value, but there was just so much of it that we decided to go ahead and sell it. We both believe she would rather we took a fun vacation or something of that nature rather than to continue to house all these pieces up in our attic.

Another idea I am tossing around is adding a jewelry line to my mosaic shop as well as specialty pieces for the various holidays throughout the year.

I would love to hear what your plans are for any changes to your shops.

No comments: