Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas at Our House

I am a little late with this post but I thought I would share some of our Christmas with you.
We had a really nice one this year with all the kids.

Here is a photo of the tree just after "Santa" left.


Here is Santa's helper putting together a stove we bought for the little boys.

There had to have been at least 50 pieces strewn all over the floor that came with this. It took Justin 2 1/2 hours to completely assemble it.

Here's Jessie and Joshua looking at the stove.

They love to help their mom cook so we decided to get them the stove, fake food and pots and pans for their gift this year. How odd it is that most all the kitchen toy items are in pink, indicating a girl's present, yet many of the well known chefs are men. Fortunately we were able to find a few things in the browns and grays.



Below is Jessie with his stuffed dog his mom bought him. He is crazy about any kind of dog.

Taylor opening his stocking gifts.



Justin and me.


The three boys got $5.00 in change from their grandma to put in their talking banks.


This is the only picture I have of the mosaic I made for Justin. Not the best, as the colors are all washed out, but you get the idea.
He seemed to really like it.



This is Justin when he first opened it. I finished it months ago so was pleased it was still a surprise. I put in some memorabilia from his grandfather (my dad).

Terra opening her gift from Taylor. We went together to the Dollar Store and he picked out a candle with some colorful glass gems and a clear bowl.



Ralph's dad made a small wooden box in the late 1930's and it has just been sitting in the attic for years until he brought it out this year and refinished it. He gave it to Terra along with a gorgeous amethyst necklace and earrings that belonged to his mother. It was an emotional and sweet moment.
She is looking at the jewelry in this picture, but she had tears as she read the note Ralph put inside the box explaining where it came from.


The kids got me this adorable glasses holder. I keep it right by my computer. Now, if I can just remember to put my glasses in it when I finish using them it would be great. LOL



No comments: