Saturday, March 14, 2009

Some of my custom work



This is a custom mosaic I made for my sister, Eileen. She wanted something to go with her red, black and sunflower yellow theme. She lives in a 100 yr- old home so we incorporated some of that as well. The large white knob on the left was an old doorknob. The sunflower at the top was one my mother wore back in the 50's. My sister also sent some jewelry, such as the butterfly in the upper right corner of the mirror inset, and some beads and things.

I will put another one of my customs up and share with you. This is such a great way to have all your keepsakes out in the open in a more contemporary style than stuffed in a box back in your closet.

I do some custom work and would be happy to talk to anyone who may be interested in preserving their precious memories in mosaic.

No comments: