Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I'm Baaaaaack!

It has been months since I last blogged.  I put it aside for awhile so that I could concentrate on my 3 shops on Etsy. I just opened a vintage shop and had 100's of items to list and I honestly just couldn't sit any longer to post to my blog.

I also have been having a lot of trouble commenting on other blogs, so if you haven't seen me in a while it's only because Blogger won't always let me comment and tells me I don't have permission. What???

I hope to get back to posting at least once a week.  In the meantime I will share some of my new mosaic pieces and some of the new listings in my vintage shop.
The first one is a small guitar.  I have always wanted to mosaic a guitar and it was quite a challenge to do so, but I would definitely do it again.



 This one was a fun piece to do. I like to do some ultra modern pieces sometimes. I call this Orange Sunburst.
 This piece has some elements from a 120 yr-old home in rural Colorado. I did a mosaic for my sister and had some things left over so I used them in this piece. I also have my signature piece of jewelry in the tear shaped copper pendant right next to the mirror. It has a small piece of real turquoise in it. All my mosaics are One-of-a-kind and you can see them all at http://www.memoriesinmosaics.etsy.com/

 I just love dishes of all kinds, especially vintage pieces. The artistry is amazing and I always wonder who owned it and where it's been. This first one is a hand painted sugar bowl.
 This is a lovely plate with "courting scenes" all around the rim.
 This i a wonderful cameo that was carved from a shell. If it's held up to the light you can see through it.
You can see these and many other fine pieces at http://www.memoriesofyesterday.etsy.com/

Until Next Time :)

5 comments:

Heather said...

I love the guitar, ver cool!

Unknown said...

Welcome back! I do adore your mosaic pieces and missed seeing them!

Christine Burgess said...

Thanks so much for your kind compliments!
Chris

julie cavender said...

So happy to have you back!! The new projects are amazing and the vintage things are great. You'll have your hands full with 3 shops. Good luck!

Tins and Treasures said...

Good evening,
I have been wondering about you. I'm glad you are OK! I didn't know you have 3 etsy shops...no wonder you are busy taking pictures and listing items!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. ~Natalie