Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Featured Shop Simply Divine Desserts

I recently interviewed Sharon who is the owner and baker behind Simply Devine Desserts  on Etsy.  She is a fellow  FEST (Florida Etsy Street Team) member and resides in Sarasota, Florida.

Here is my interview with her:

Tell me a little about yourself.

I’m a brown-eyed girl, strong in mind and body, with a Christ centered spirit. I am a happy, busy, productive, strong willed, organized, unemployed, single mom. I have two grown sons, 25 and 22, who are the biggest blessings in my life (along with my new daughter-in-law!). I was a home school mom for 16 years, and they were some of the best years of my life. I’m an active member of a great church, I love music, the beach, and going to the movies.


Autumn Leaves Cake Pops Edible Bouquet
How long have you been baking?

I’ve been baking for most of my life. I grew up loving to be in the kitchen with my mom and grandmothers, not only for the great food that was always being created, but for the warmth and comfort that it brought. My older brother started calling me “Bake” when I was 11, and for some reason the nickname stuck and to this day, I am “Bake” to my family and many old friends.

What made you decide to sell on Etsy?

I decided to try etsy after a dear friend of mine kept poking and prodding me to give it a shot. I sold books to homeschoolers on ebay for many years, so I’m used to online selling, but the thought of starting an online bake shop seemed strange to me at first. But now that I’ve made some sales and have sent my goodies to various parts of the country, I’m excited to see what the future will bring.

Cranberry Cookies Mix in a Jar
What kinds of things do you like to shop for on Etsy?

I’m forever browsing the many beautiful earrings on etsy. I’m in awe of all the talented jewelry makers all over etsy, and I’d be buying lots of wonderful items if I wasn’t unemployed. So for right now, I window shop and put lots of earrings and jewelry into the treasuries that I make.

What is your favorite dessert from your shop?


Old Fashioned Bonnie's Butter Cake

My shop favorite has to be my Bonnie Butter Cake. My mom used to make this cake for me every year on my birthday. And for the past 25 years, I’ve been making it for my boys on their birthdays. Now I’m baking it more frequently, as it’s one of the most popular flavors for the cake pops that I make.

What would you like other people to know about your shop?

I bake using only the finest, all natural ingredients. I’m blessed to be surrounded by neighbors who let me hand pick many wonderful organic citrus fruits from their trees, and I use many of them in my baked goods. I take great pride in all that I create, and I hope that whoever buys something from me can taste the love that I added to their goodies!!

I asked Sharon for a photo of her "work" area.  Look at all the cute little angels overseeing everything.




 I just had to get in a shot of these delicious looking scones (below), and in a heart shape no less!

These wonderful little goodies come in several flavors; Blueberry Lemon, Cranberry Orange, Tropical, Mango, Pineapple and Coconut, Classic Raisin, Lemon, Luscious Lime, Apple Cinnamon, or Classic Plain.  You can order 8 different flavors for a sampler package.





Check out Simply Devine Desserts for a perfect gift for the holidays. Everything is made to order and shipped USPS priority mail.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sharon is a dear friend of mine and you have captured her essence well! She is an awesome baker and I hope all who read her interview will order something for their friends and family for the Christmas Holidays and then a little something for themselves!

Casey said...

Yummy, Yummy! Simply Divine Desserts is the perfect name for this shop! I loved the article and enjoyed reading Sharon's story! And she lives in one of my favorite places: Sarasota!

Janet at New Moon Glass said...

Cake on a stick! I like it...also love the heart shaped scones...beautiful!

Bajuna Jewelry and Custom Beaded Creations said...

Those scones really look good! Those and the short bread cookies are my favorite type of cookie. It's nice that you can use the local fruit!

Audrey said...

What an outstanding interview! Thanks for sharing it....
and all these yummies!!

Audrey said...

My boys would LOVE the cake on a stick!! What a wonderful idea :)