Saturday, March 6, 2010

Something a Little Different

I have been working on something that is a bit different from my usual mosaics this past week.

I decided to recycle this coat rack that I found one day and it has been a lot of fun. Originally it was a laminated looking brown wood (very 70's) that had 4 wooden dowels for the hooks. I thought to update it and paint it a gloss white, add some brushed nickel hooks, and mosaic the area that was once a carved leaf design.

I spend a lot of time in thrift stores and the Goodwill looking for dishes to cut into tiles and once in a while I come across a piece that I just can't pass up.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful Chris. What a wonderful job you have done. I would have loved a set of those dishes in real life as I think the patterns are beautiful.

Audrey said...

I LOVE IT!! You did an amazing job!

Tins and Treasures said...

I love this...very, very cool.

Don't forget to spring ahead!!
Take care ~Natalie